Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Weekend Traditions

This week at Mavens of the Pen we are talking about weekend traditions. I'm a person with three jobs, if you include the writing gig, so my concept of weekend is a bit skewed. Because I work every day, I snatch bits of weekend where I can find them: a quiet homecooked meal with my husband, dinner out with friends, a non-guilty hour of two of pleasure reading, spending moments with family. Our children live a distance away, so we travel to see them several times a year, and then we have that weekend feeling for the whole visit.

On the one hand it feels wrong to schedule time to relax alone or with family and friends. But on the other, if I didn't carve that time out of my schedule, I wouldn't take it at all. If there is any constant to my weekend, it's church and singing in the choir. It feels like its the weekend if I've been to church.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Maggie Toussaint
www.maggietoussaint.com
romance.danger.mystery

No comments: