Thursday, October 30, 2008

Weekend Traditions

When I started thinking about it, we do actually have some!
When the children were babies, I used to have a Saturday morning lie-in and now they're bigger, we all have it! Before, my husband used to take them downstairs and leave me to wallow, but now we all wallow.
We have two fixtures really. Match Of The Day, when we shout at the TV and the Sunday dinner.
Match of the Day has been in place almost since the BBC has existed, and is the highlights and roundup program for the day's Premiership football. I love football, it's a little story in itself with highs and lows and I support Manchester United. Rooney, Tevez, Berbabov and the spoiled brat genius that is Ronaldo, and the lord of them all Sir Alex Ferguson. My DH supports Newcastle United, and as I tell him, "Into each life a little rain must fall."
Sundays I do a two course meal, usually a lump of roast meat with lots of veggies, Yorkshire pudding, gravy and all that. Mashed and hedgehog potatoes, peas, carrots, but rarely brussel sprouts (ugh, ugh, ugh, but DH likes them and they are Goodforyou veg).
That's about it, really. In between, I work, like every day, and on some Saturday nights go out with my girlfriends. We're thinking of the opera this time around, but we're still undecided between Turandot and La Boheme.
And this Friday, Halloween, we're going to see "Quantum of Solace"!

Have a good one!

No comments: