Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Keepers ...


Two keepers that aren't romance novels ...

That's pretty easy for me since I don't read romance novels and I don't keep books. Nope. IF I buy a paper book I read it and pass it on to the library. The only ones I keep are reference books ('how to poison somebody' and books like that) or books that are out of print and which I might not find again.

I'll look at fiction. I have one shelf of books (the abovesaid books that are out of print or hard to find).

First: Tea with the Black Dragon by R.A. MacAvoy. I like just about everything she's ever written and this one really struck a chord with me when I first read it. I re-read it now and again and am still in love with Maynard Long.

Second: This was a bit tricker. "The Bond Street Burlesque" (one of my all-time favorites)? "The Man with a Load of Mischief" (another favorite)? "Victoria's Walk" (one of the first 'sexy' books I read).

Nope.

Noble House by James Clavell. This is a writer's book, a book that shows you how to craft a novel. It is multi-layered, complex, and one of those books that you get to the end, put down for five minutes, then go back and want to read again. It's my 'desert island' book.

Gee. I guess it wasn't that hard after all .....

No comments: