Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Just Not in the Mood!

I don't know what's happening to me this year. I'm just not in the mood for Christmas!

Every Christmas Eve, I host a dinner with family and friends with me preparing the dinner and playing Santa for the guests and kids. So far this year though I can't seem to drum up any enthusiasm for the event and am even considering nixing it. I didn't go shopping on Black Friday and have no idea when I will shop at all. My daughter's not going to be here. She'll be in NY with her father, money is tight and my energy is low. It's a shame; I usually have a gift under the tree for each attendee but rarely do they come bearing a gift for me. The usual excuse is that they have a gift for only my daughter because "Christmas is for the kids." Bah-humbug!

Maybe, I'm blue because my birthday is on December 21st and anticipate the same discourse that the family can't celebrate it because it's too close to Christmas. So once again, no party for Angela. I think next year I'm going to throw my own party. I'll be my 40th!

I think I'm simply going through pre-holiday blues and hopefully things will look brighter in the coming days. Once I put up the tree and decorations, my mood should improve. And the show will go on.......

AJ

No comments: