Monday, April 16, 2007

Groan, groan, groan ... goals and progress


I'm groaning all right. It's one thing to dream up goals, quite another to have progress. Lucky me, my first book came out in 2007. A goal come true. I learned marketing and promotion on the fly and tried not to hook myself in the tail.


I hadn't counted on how much time the marketing and promotion would take. That cut into my writing. So did real life and my day job. I pushed harder, but because I looked so tired, my family and friends became concerned. Just recently I re-set my internal clock to Maggie Savings Time. I'll let you know if that works.


My immediate goal of launching book one was reached. My next goal of submitting a second romantic suspense to The Wild Rose Press has met with delay after delay. I had hoped to have No Second Chances out the door before I got on the conference train this week, but that doesn't look possible. My book with Freya's Bower is being edited. That sale was an unexpected bonus I didn't anticipate, and I'm learning a lot from working with those fine editors.


My goals for the rest of 2007: keep my head above water! I'm excited about meeting JL at Sleuthfest in a few days in the land of flamingoes, and I hope to network and make good contacts at both my upcoming conferences.


Write On!!!!


Maggie Toussaint

new books coming soon from Freya's Bower and Five Star!

No comments: