Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spring is just around the corner ....





I'm a confirmed optimist, really I am. There's still a foot of snow on the ground, but it's melting, albeit slowly. The sound of dripping water is replacing the howl of icy winds, and the sun is high in the sky, illuminating those shady spots in the woods behind my house.

What are some of your favorite 'change of season' things? What signals to you that's it's really Real -- not a false spring, but something you can trust?

Is it the sight of the first robins? Flowers coming up? Or when you can finally see the pavement again? (For some of you in the warmer climes, this isn't an issue. For those of us north of the Mason-Dixon, believe me, just seeing pavement and not ice-coated streets is amazing).

So tell me ... when do you pull on your boots and go out and do a happy splash?

J

No comments: