Monday, March 26, 2007

Maggie the Tortoise


This week's blog is about awards and accomplishments. I've been trying to remember if I ever won any awards. The year I graduated college, I was the Outstanding Biology Major for my school. That's the closest thing to an award I've ever received.


Other items in my life resume that deserve big fat gold stars include: staying married to one man for almost 30 years; raising two beautiful and intelligent daughters; nursing our sick dog for over a year; being on the board of a therapeutic riding facility for a year; singing & playing guitar in a church choir for 25 years; and of course, my books - all of them. I'm talking the clunkers, the published ones, the books of my heart, the partials, the entire lot of my creative process.


Like the tortoise in the Tortoise and the Hare, I identify a goal and then I keep heading towards it one step at a time. Every goal I've ever accomplished has required effort, nothing has come from just zipping down a road. There's not much flash to me (thought I do have a latent penchant for shiny things) but what I've got in spades is stick-to-it-iveness, if that's a word.


Slow and steady wins the race every time.
Maggie Toussaint
HOUSE OF LIES buy it at Amazon.com

No comments: