Sunday, January 28, 2007

Technology: where does it fall in your life?


I've been traveling, out of town this weekend and will be out of town next weekend. Your blog topic will be late next week, I'm warning you right now.

I suppose I could log in while at the conference and give you your topic, but hey, I'm not going to (unless I get really ambitious). I don't travel with my laptop anymore, I just take my handheld, and if I can get a good WiFi connection at the hotel, I'll blog. Otherwise -- expect to hear from me on late Sunday or maybe Monday.

This brings me to this week's topic:

How comfortable are you with technology? I know some people who feel lost without their computers. Others still write in longhand and only type in their text when they feel it's absolutely ready. Some people enjoy digging into new technology and learning new things (like the new operating system and word processor versions that come out), while others still slog away in Word 2000 and are quite happy.

Where do you fall on this spectrum? Do you always upgrade right away? Do you look for new gizmos that can help you be more productive? Or do you avoid them, sticking to the old tried and true?

I've been kind of wrestling with this idea because of promo (that phrase will haunt my dreams this year: 'it's all because of promo'). Book trailers are the newest thing, and I just am dragging my heels. Hell, I don't even like chats and contests. Now I have to learn about book trailers? How much can one person learn?

Good question.

J

No comments: