Saturday, January 27, 2007

It's all about me!

This was another hard assignment. Three things. About me.


1. I have six children. In two batches. The first batch of five were born less than seven years apart. Number six showed up when the baby of group one was a senior in high school! So, I've been actively raising children for forty-three years.


2. I married the only man I ever dated. I sometimes tell people that I was the last virgin in California. True, I was a virgin when I married. I didn't realize how rare that was and only know two other women who can make the same claim.


3. I also feel that I'm like an oyster, there have been some rocky roads in my upbringing, and I layered them, polishing them off like an oyster turning that grit of sand into a pearl. I'm not at the pearl stage yet, as there are still some bulges that need to be wiped out. But I'm working on them.


That's it. But do you really know me? No. I don't know myself at times. I'll look in the mirror and wonder, "Who am I?" Usually wondering why that old woman is using my face...


And I figured I needed a picture to balance this article out, and decided that a 'hunk' would be most effective.




No comments: