Thursday, January 18, 2007

Promotion

Ah. Promotion. Fun.

Sometimes.

I love contacting people, hearing their comments, but actually doing it takes valuable writing time, my reason for being.

Still, I've learned a lot.

The thing about promotion, on or off line is - be consistent. Decide what you're going to do and KEEP DOING IT. Don't expect instant results, it takes a while, and a few books, before you start to see results and people come looking for your books. It's no good hitting a website once, looking at the sales and thinking that didn't work, because it might have done. Marketing experts say a potential customer has to see your name at least 7 times before it has any effects. Otherwise, why don't TV advertisers just put their ad out once, at a peak time, instead of wasting money buying repeats?

Having said that, there are a few sites I like. However, it depends on the genre you write, and I don't always go to the same places for each of the genres I write.

I have an author page at The Romance Studio. Not only is it a good idea, but Holly at TRS is a dream to work with.

My own website - vital, absolutely essential for any author, unless you're Linda Howard, of course!

There are others. Go for the big review sites - the ones with the biggest hits. All About Romance is excellent, and although their rates are comparatively expensive, it's worth it.

I write the occasional article for Suite Magazine, too, an online mag, and that has been great fun.





Lynne Connolly, Author of Dark-Edged Romance


http://www.lynneconnolly.com


lynneconnollyuk@yahoo.co.uk





Rubies of Fire





powered by performancing firefox

No comments: