Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Hmm... web sites?


Well, these aren't really web sites per se, but ...

Here's 3 promo ideas I had.

(1) I figured I'd send a thank-you letter to each chapter where I entered one of my sold books in a contest (did you parse that sentence? Good, because I barely did). Anyway, that's about 7 contests for the Pig Book (and 2 of them I didn't final in, so I'll do a very nice, sly, 'neener neener' to them), one for If Not For You (that's almost sold, I mean, I haven't requested the contract yet but it's waiting for me), and one for 'Grace'. So that's about 10 chapters that I'll send to. Figured it can't hurt to tell them that the contests really did help me hone the entries.


(2) The Romance Studio. I got a featured membership there and haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet. I need to look at that and see what I can do.


(3) Online groups. I belong to From the Heart, FF&P, KOD, as well as RWC, etc. I figured when I get closer to release date, I'll post a PROMO blast there.


I find this whole PROMO thing not so much anxiety-making as confusing. Where's the best place to go? What's the best thing to do? What will give me bang for my buck? I keep telling myself that 'I'll take a day off and read up on this, I've printed about a bazillion articles on it, what's the best thing to do?' And I made up a big master calendar with 'ping so-and-so today about Grace and ping so-and-so now about Pig', but I still don't feel I really have a grasp on it. Or perhaps that's asking for too much ... perhaps you don't really 'control' this so much as ride with it.
J

No comments: