Thursday, January 7, 2010

Resolutions a la Maggie


by Maggie Toussaint


I am so happy to see the end of 2009 that I grin every time I think this is a brand new year. 2010 is still a blank slate, full of possibilities and excitement.

Usually I'm not a big resoluter, but this year, I'm taking the plunge.

First I'm going to learn to walk in my new grandma shoes. Baby steps, of course.

Next, I resolve to pay more attention to food intake and exercise. Each year my focus sharpens on this. And each year there's more to learn.

I resolve to be open to new writing opportunities.

I resolve to write 1.5 books. No, not 15, a book and a half. With my schedule, that is a reasonable goal. The first book is a thriller, a new direction for me. Not sure yet about the half a book. Could be mystery or romance.

And the best resolution of all - to LIVE, really live and enjoy 2010.

Wishing sunny days and blue skies for all,


Maggie Toussaint

6 comments:

Keena Kincaid said...

Maggie,
Congrats on becoming a grandmother. I have a feeling it's a role you'll love.

I think your goals are very balanced, yet ambitious enough that you'll have to work at it. Good luck with meeting them.

Unknown said...

MAGGIE-- all worthy goals, to be sure. And being a grandmother--it will change your life--for the better! Celia

Liana Laverentz said...

How did I miss this? You're going to be a grandma??? Or did you just get orthopedic shoes? If that's the case, I'm not as far out of the loop as I think I am :)

Stephanie Burkhart said...

Maggie, congrats on becoming a grandmother! I think those are all obtainable goals. I'm going to do the same about my eating habits as well. Good luck on your writing goals.

Smiles
Steph

Maggie Toussaint said...

Thanks, friends for all the warm congratulations! Hopefully I won't be in full orthopedic shoes for awhile. I have a feeling I'm going to need track shoes to keep up with the grands. Thanks for stopping by!

Tera Online Gold said...

Great another post!!, I follow this blog with RSS and its great!


Cheap Tera Gold
Tera Power Leveling