Monday, October 12, 2009

Lessons from my dogs

I wasn't sure I had much to say on this topic and then "lessons" started occurring to me. I came to these realizations after sharing most of my life with 3 live-in dogs. Here are a few things I've learned from Zack, Max, and Luke:

If you want someone's attention, get in their way.

If you spit out your medicine, you'll get it wrapped in a treat next time.

Not much point in worrying about more than the basics: food, water, shelter, sex, and family.

Dogs are allowed to do things no person can do, for instance, sniffing a person's private parts.

Nothing like a good nap to while away the hours.

If someone bothers you, nip at their heels.

If you make a big fuss about getting your nails clipped, you'll be treated to more walks.

If you misbehave, there's always the chance Ceasar Milan will make a house call.

If you really want to aggrevate the other dog, leave a little food in your dish and guard it.

Greet the ones you love with as much enthusiasm as is physically possible.

It's okay to stick out your tongue.

Wiggle when you get excited.

Decadent treats are worth the trouble they bring.

The people in charge don't know everything.

I'm sure there's more doggie wisdom out there. Perhaps you might want to add a few comments of your own!

Maggie Toussaint
dog woman
check out my granddog in In For A Penny
www.maggietoussaint.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

MAGGIE--such wonderful thoughts. Oh, if we humans could do this, we'd be as happy as those dogs.I'll try to remember these when things don't go my way! Celia
P.S. We have friends with three young grandsons--names? Zack, Max, and Rex. Ha-ha.

LK Hunsaker said...

Maggie, I love these!