Sunday, March 1, 2009

Great changes


This weekend, weather permitting (that usual caveat in the Midwest in late winter), I'll be driving to Iowa to take my 90-year-old mother to my aunt's 100th birthday party.

Think of the changes they've seen! Just consider it for a moment...

Now think about this ... in your lifetime, think about three big changes:

1 that's personal to you (a child, a move, a marriage)

1 that's affected the publishing industry

1 that's affected society

And since this is a Big Question ... you can work on it for 2 weeks, since I may be out of town next Sunday. You see, not only is weather a factor, but I may be on jury duty -- I need to call every day to see if I'm Called. Luckily (or maybe unluckily) I'm missing out on the big murder trial here (we get about 1 murder every 5 years, so it's a big trial). It starts the 16th, and my jury stint ends on the 13th. Probably just as well.... I'm a bit skeptical already about the defense.

Anyway, think away and post when you can!

No comments: