Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Weather Outside is Frightful

We seldom have 'snow days' in the south. But rainy days? We have a lot of those.

I should be cleaning up the abode. Or reading. There's nothing quite relaxing like reading when the rain hits the metal roof hard enough to make sound.

We've had a lot of rain lately, several days in a row, and I didn't do a durn thing.

Which is relaxing as well. You know that you are protected in your cocoon. Pajama days are wonderful. Though scary if someone knocks on the door.

I know, the first thing you are supposed to do is get up, get dressed for the day, etc., but some days are more enjoyable if you don't have to get dressed.

I also have the stacks of magazines, which I'm thinking of moving into the bathroom instead of leaving in the hallway. I've given up on tearing out articles, I find that I never use them. If I want a special recipe I generally go to FoodNetworkTV and get one of those. Of course, I have a lot of those that I have never prepared. But the ones I have, were wonderful.

The closet needs to be cleaned out, but I'm saving that task until the end of February as the grandgirls are having a huge garage sale to help finance their trip to Europe during their senior year. Of course, if I started now, and did the whole house instead of just my closet it might be beneficial to all three of us.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow. I need to get busy and start culling my stuff.

No comments: