Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Seasons change, books are written


... and books are released. Finally!

I finally have a release date for Endurance, the 2nd book in the History Patrol series (November). I'm in edits for the third book, Temperance, to release next year. The 4th book is on my To Do list, and I hope to write it later this year.

I have 4 books out this year: Candy, Autographs (coming in print in December), Brilliant Disguise (coming in print in November), and Endurance. Three of those will be in print this year.

I got a contract for I Know You're Out There Somewhere, which was supposed to release with Cerridwen but which I pulled and submitted to Resplendence. I have the 3rd book in that series ("the FBI boys go wild") done and ready to submit and the 4th book drafted.

I finished edits for Surf (releasing in e and print in February) and Mayhem (releasing later next year). That will wrap up the Fatal Writer Conference series.

I have 3 books in to my editor ("The Gypsy books") for consideration for 2009/2010.

I'm finishing the 2nd book in a 3-book series ("The Richie Rich books") for 2010/2011.

I'll have Human Touch out next year (the "Almost Human" series) and I wrote the 2nd book for that and will submit it soon. Book 3 is next on my To Do List.

Otherwise: so far, so good: menopause is a drag, but I'm surviving. I still walk or work out 4 days a week. I work 4 days a week in the office, one at home and I think I'm going to be swamped in October/November this year (argh). Still like my job, still don't see any reason to leave it (unless I hit the NYTimes list or the lottery. Then I'll think about it).

In short: status quo for me. Many juggling balls, so far none dropped. I'm writing books right now for 2011 and see no end in sight ... unless a ball drops!

No comments: