Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Life in the fast lane

I am moving fast these days. I try not to look down at the white lines whipping past me on the highway of life. Truth is, I've never been so satisfied with life, never been so productive before. I've been on the road a lot this year, and I'm looking to slow up a bit as the weather cools. However, I have one more conference, Boucheron, scheduled this year, and it's in October.

My work in progress, a murder mystery, is in the very final stage of editing. I hope to start pitching it soon. I have two other manuscripts out at various places for consideration. Keeping fingers crossed on them.

I've accepted the chairmanship of a Books and Authors event locally. That will happen in November, and then I'm going into hermit mode for a bit. Well, except for the internet. I don't have to travel far to do that, LOL!

I've found a new creative outlet. The Book Spa is a new place to go and hang out. I talk shop with writers on Wednesdays. So far, it's been fun and response has been good. Even better, I am enjoying the interaction. With any luck I won't make a fool of myself.

There's still the whole conundrum of what kind of writer I want to be when I grow up. Mystery and romance are enjoyable, plus I've developed an interest in writing non-fiction as well. Though, perhaps I don't need to decide. Perhaps I'll just start a new project and see where that road takes me.

Happy writing, everyone!

Maggie
www.maggietoussaint.com
romance.danger.mystery

No comments: