Monday, August 4, 2008

Mainely Maggie


Instead of attending RWA Nationals, I visited my Mystery Publisher, Five Star / Gale / Cengage in Waterville, Maine. It was great putting faces and names together, both of the publishing house, and of other authors on the Five Star author loop. You might say, I had a mini-conference experience.


We toured the facility, seeing all aspects of their publishing process. I picked up a souvenir catalog with my mystery in it. (For some reason, I'm very nostalgic about everything these days, almost as if it's a dream and I'm going to wake up and realize real life isn't so grand.)


For lunch we had lobster (YUM) and blueberry cobbler a la mode (double YUM). During lunch, representatives from two libraries sat at my table. Both of them read the chapbook of In For A Penny during lunch and they loved it. I was so happy.


Five Star asked all the authors to do a five minute presentation. I talked a bit about myself and my writing, then launched into the middle of chapter one, reading to the end where Cleo finds the dead guy on the golf course. Nobody moved a muscle while I read. It was quite exhilarating.


All of this on top of winning an award the night before for House of Lies, my first romantic suspense. We finished off the weekend sightseeing and shopping at LL Bean. What a fun vacation!


Happy summer everyone!


Maggie

romance.danger.mystery

No comments: