Saturday, July 26, 2008

Time in a bottle

If I could save time in a bottle, I' d probably use it up twice as fast, LOL! It seems like the more time I think I have, the more things I try to schedule.

2008 blossomed for me: 3 releases from 3 publishers. For each book, the promo was different. The sweet romance was all electronic promo; the trade paperback encompassed brick and mortar sales as well as electronic promo. The hardback book entailed sending out materials to libraries.

I found these truths to be self-evident. One book a year, or even two a year (six months apart) is more than enough for me. Juggling several balls at once this year gave me a breathless sensation, I kept feeling like I needed more time. Working with small presses, the onus is on the author to promote; more promotions lead to more sales and a wider readership. Does a dedicated reader-base help cinch a mass market book deal? That remains to be seen.

The next three months constitute my book tour for In For A Penny. I'm hopeful sales will indicate a market demand for the sequel. Got my fingers crossed, my legs too.

Happy reading!

Maggie Toussaint
www.maggietoussaint.com
romance.danger.mystery

No comments: