Saturday, September 29, 2007

And our topic this week is ....


Creativity.


I'll be out all next week, 'refilling the creative well' (actually, vacation, but it sounds better to say that). In a way, that's what I've been doing lately. I've finished up a couple of rewrites, have 4 books sitting on editor desks and am waiting to hear back, and am now going to embark on two new projects (maybe 3 if I get ambitious).


How does creativity hit you? I'm not talking about plots ... I'm talking about that little germ before the plot, that little niggling idea that you get that you sit and think and go 'hmmm. I wonder if there's a book there'. I'm going to blog tomorrow about where I get my 'germs' (since I'll be out later on this week).


So tell me ... what do you do when you need to 'jumpstart' that creative brain of yours?

No comments: