Wednesday, April 4, 2007

The hunt is on ....

Interesting.

Maggie and I are coming at this from two different directions. I think both are fine, but it's interesting.

I do plan to have different 'feels' for my books (she said hopefully). But I'm thinking beyond the books, I guess. I'm thinking of ME and how I want folks to recognize that a book is mine, or a blog post is mine, etc.

I think so much 'branding' that I see is generic. I think of a lot of romantic suspense writers, and they all sort of blend together. They write 'edgy, yada yada' suspenses. I'm not saying they're not good. I'm sure they are. It's just that I don't want to spend time reading them because I'm not sure they're *that* much different than anybody else.

I think what I'm looking for is something that will tell people: 'hey, if you pick up a book by X, you're going to get Y -- and you can count on that!' and it will be a positive, 'get out there and buy it' kind of statement.

I feel like I'm closing in on what I want. I've been twiddling with various graphic programs, poking around the web, etc. I just haven't seen anything yet that says, "Yeah. That's what I'm looking for."

The hunt continues.

No comments: