Here are the lowlights of that trip:
- Late start (8:00 PM) after almost losing a cat due to a door left open
- Disgusting hotel complete with holes in the wall & crying baby upstairs; we slept with our clothes on lest we get cooties. The cats stayed in their cages -- by choice.
- Blown tire on the U-Haul, necessitating a 2-hour delay at a rest stop with 3 cats in the car; this led to a 12-hour travel day
- Getting lost on the Dan Ryan in Chicago (see "12-hour travel day")
- Getting stuck in traffic due to a Cubs game (see "12-hour travel day")
- Getting lost in Wisconsin while looking for a 'shortcut'
Ah, travel. Always interesting...