Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A walk in the garden ...

I'm a detailed list maker. I make daily lists then I have monthly lists (kept on a little calendar thingie purchased for $1 at Michael's). Of course, I also have my I-thing and the calendar there, and the joint Google calendar for me & hub, and ...

Suffice it to say, I'm seldom worried about dropping the ball. But sometimes I need to recharge and rediscover my focus. For that, I take a walk. Right now it was a brief walk around my garden, which is small but packed with lovely things right now: peonies, salvia, veronica, basketflowers, geraniums, herbs ... all fragrant and pretty.

Of course, the petunias in my whimsical pot SHOULD be pretty but Mr. Groundhog has been by again and has nibbled them to the nubbins. And he left a nice pile of you-know-what that I ALMOST stepped in. My garden is a constant reminder of the balances in the world: pretty with poop, nibbled with untouched (why he eats the petunias and leaves the peonies, which to me look yummier, I don't know)....

As long as the scales don't tip too much to the poop side, I'll be happy. Hey, maybe we can make that a song or something: "don't tip to the poop side, you might fall in, la la la"

Okay. Back to plotting murder. I'm much better at that than singing!

No comments: