Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A sure way to beat the blahs ....


... growing season!

Yep, I placed my order with Seeds of Change. Oh, that catalog ... I always go through it in January, when the snow is deep and the temperatures are so bitterly cold.

Then I let it sit for a month. I've learned not to order anything in January. My eyes are too big for my stomach, so to speak.I pulled out the catalog last Sunday, sat in front of the fireplace, and daydreamed of bobbing sunflowers, drowsing in the sun ... freckled violets in the shade near Jack in the Pulpits ... gourds climbing over my fence and drying in the hot September sun ... French breakfast radishes, so crisp and sweet in a sandwich ... blue borage (the only blue in the garden, really) poking up among my hydrangea ...

I love online ordering! I sent off my credit card number and started clearing a space in the laundry room. I already have the grow lights out because I was trying to force some tulips to grow. The little poops faded out on me so I will unpot them and use the pots for my gourds and radishes. Everything else can wait until the soil warms and they go right into the garden. Okay, I may get antsy and plant a few more inside ....

Yep. There is light at the end of the tunnel. We'll have a few more snowstorms, and some more bone-chilling cold. But my laundry room will be a little bit of spring come early!

No comments: