Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cooking

Oh dear, cooking. Ah. I eat, but my cooking tends to turn up black. I get bored waiting for things to happen, pick up a book - and there you go, instant black.
But I do a full Sunday lunch every week, so we can sit down as a family and share a meal. It's usually roast meat, chicken, pork, lamb, with mashed potatoes, hedgehog potatoes (if they're good), and veg, carrots, peas, brussel sprouts (my DH actually likes these little knobs of delight!), with gravy, apple sauce and Yorkshire puddings. I do little Yorkshires in muffin tins, and when I was little, we had them for pudding with butter and sugar. I loved them! My mother used to do a mean bread and butter pudding, but mine has never been half so luscious as hers, and her rice pudding was like ambrosia.
Still, my apple pie, when I do one, isn't too bad, but I do a heavily spiced one, with cinnamon, cloves and ginger, so it's not to everybody's taste. And my pasty is so-so.
I was never meant to be a chef. Eating now, I'm very good at eating.

And writing, not bad at that, either. A new book out this week, Moonfire from Ellora's Cave!
http://www.jasminejade.com/p-5043-moonfire.aspx

No comments: