Saturday, February 16, 2008

Fun, Fun, Fun, Till My Daddy Took My T-Bird Away


Ah, that song brought a smile to my face.


Fun at conferences.


I believe it was making new friends, sharing a meal, and talking craft.


I met JL and several of her buddies at a conference. When we finally found a restaurant that would seat us, it was a truly enjoyable meal. One, I'd love to repeat.


Long time friend, Joanna Wayne and I ate breakfast, and as we were finishing, two of her friends appeared. She invited them to our table. The three of them were published, so I felt a little out of place, but then it was magic. We talked about everything, and laughed. One part of the conversation stalled when we tried to come up with a gracious word for a part of the female anatomy, then I came up with 'her happy place.' We roared at that one.


So, for me, it's making contacts with friends, old and new


Now, you might be wondering why I have this picture of Rob Adkins, well, I purchased a life size stand up poster of him at RT in Houston. He stands in my office, giving me encouragement to write.
Or drool.

No comments: