Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My biggest distraction


That's easy. Here he is.

When I sit down to write, I'm ready to WRITE. I'm focused, I'm on task and I'm all there. The plot and characters are in my head and I am ready to go. I'm THERE.

But so is Houdini, who, about halfway through my writing session every night, decides he HAS to walk across my keyboard to get to HIS window. Of course, it's cold now so the window is closed. So he sits on my keyboard until I make amends by pulling him onto my lap and holding him. If I put him on the floor or don't pay attention long enough (according to his criteria) then he jumps up n the desk and does it all again.

He's big. My lap is small.

I've learned to time my writing sessions around his appearance. At least it keeps me disciplined ...

No comments: