Sunday, July 1, 2007

The blog will not churn this week


Since response has been spotty on our "As the Blog Churns", I'm going back to topic posts. I mean, I've already got 2 WIPs and 2 books out that I should be promoing. That's enough creativity for me for July! We'll return to Paula and the Grimble later this summer.


This week's topic is one that's near to my thoughts. I have a favorite author (not romance, mystery) who writes a series with 2 characters I've loved through the years. Her last 4 or 5 books have been weak -- her style has changed and the plots aren't what they used to be. The books are more 'literary' (which to me means largely incomprehensible) and the characters feel 'thinner' somehow.


Has this happened to you recently? Did you buy something from a favorite author and find that it just didn't satisfy anymore? I'm very disappointed because I spent a day on this book, just as I did on the last one, and I finished thinking 'is that all there is'?


Speak up -- any authors disappoint you in this way?

No comments: